Friday, July 24, 2009

BOX OFFICE SLAM! Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince


The movie community predicted the major turnouts for all the Harry Potter movies across the globe. It seemed logical with the overwhelming popularity of J.K. Rowling’s famed magical books. But, ::omg:: the “Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince” movie is breaking the Gringotts Wizarding bank and Avada Kedavra any competitors!


HP raked in $22.2 million from Wednesday's midnight showings alone. An estimated $79.5 million for its opening weekend at the box office. And overseas, the blockbuster movie made $396.7 million, making it the biggest international debut ever. Accio movie fame.


Slowly, the hype is dying down along with the shattering box office records. But, I predict “Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince” (2009) will rise back to headlines praising its blockbuster luster once the movie is released in IMAX theaters on July 29th. And, believe you me, the movie is worth the extra two or four dollars to see Harry, Hermione and Ron on the big screen. Did I happen to mention the opening scene is amazing and awe-inspiring in 3D?!? Trust me, those die-hard Harry Potter fans and movie enthusiasts will stampede to enjoy the Harry Potter 3D IMAX experience!


Lucky for me, I was able to attend one of four early releases of the 6th installment in IMAX. But, that does not mean I will not see it again. I have an unwavering crush on Ron Weasley (played by Rupert Grint) ::sigh::


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: